Ethereum Push Notification Service (EPNS) is a Protocol for blockchain based notifications that are platform agnostic and incentivized!
With B.Protocol leveraging EPNS for decentralized notifications, we are looking to achieve the following:
- Sending liquidation alerts to users with active loans.
- Real-time notifications on transaction status and gas price alerts.
- Notices of liquidation events and auctions
This represents a big step forward for User Experience, and will have an immediate impact in user engagement and user retention.
As of today, many protocols have to rely either on communicating with their users via email or through social networks such as Twitter, Telegram, etc.
Implementing EPNS decentralized notifications establishes a direct channel B.Protocol <=> User that will allow users to receive important notifications directly to their wallet addresses and earn from it!.
Users will receive a notifications and immediately react to them. For instance: if a loan is close to liquidation; users will receive a notification with a Call To Action link that will take them directly to their loan to take action.
We have a list of channels that our team have worked on to show the power and flexibility of EPNS decentralized notifications. They are available at https://app.epns.io/
Some of the channels:
- Wallet tracker: to monitor your wallet and get a notification when you send/receive tokens.
- ENS domain expiration: to receive a notification when your ENS domain is about to expire
- BTC/ETH price tracker, Gas price tracker.
- Uniswap Governance, and more
EPNS is building the world’s first open communication layer for the Web3 ecosystem, first for Ethereum and then for L2s and other blockchains. The protocol enables any smart contracts, dApps or traditional servers to send notifications tied to wallet addresses of a user in a platform agnostic fashion (ie: notifs can be integrated and shown on any crypto wallet, mobile apps, extension or dApps).