B.Protocol to implement EPNS decentralized notifications

Summary

Ethereum Push Notification Service (EPNS) is a Protocol for blockchain based notifications that are platform agnostic and incentivized!

With B.Protocol leveraging EPNS for decentralized notifications, we are looking to achieve the following:

• Sending liquidation alerts to users with active loans.
  • Real-time notifications on transaction status and gas price alerts.
  • Notices of liquidation events and auctions

This represents a big step forward for User Experience, and will have an immediate impact in user engagement and user retention.

Motivation

As of today, many protocols have to rely either on communicating with their users via email or through social networks such as Twitter, Telegram, etc.

Implementing EPNS decentralized notifications establishes a direct channel B.Protocol <=> User that will allow users to receive important notifications directly to their wallet addresses and earn from it!.

Users will receive a notifications and immediately react to them. For instance: if a loan is close to liquidation; users will receive a notification with a Call To Action link that will take them directly to their loan to take action.

BProtocol2

Background

We have a list of channels that our team have worked on to show the power and flexibility of EPNS decentralized notifications. They are available at https://app.epns.io/

Some of the channels:

• Wallet tracker: to monitor your wallet and get a notification when you send/receive tokens.
  • ENS domain expiration: to receive a notification when your ENS domain is about to expire
  • BTC/ETH price tracker, Gas price tracker.
  • Uniswap Governance, and more

About Ethereum Push Notification Service

EPNS is building the world’s first open communication layer for the Web3 ecosystem, first for Ethereum and then for L2s and other blockchains. The protocol enables any smart contracts, dApps or traditional servers to send notifications tied to wallet addresses of a user in a platform agnostic fashion (ie: notifs can be integrated and shown on any crypto wallet, mobile apps, extension or dApps).

Thanks for the post @Jaf_EPNS. Some comments and questions.

• What is the status for this collaboration? Is it a go? Are any of the notifications you mention anywhere near deployment for testing?
  • What is the status of EPNS? Is it still in alpha? What are upcoming events? I did give it a go a while a go, with the ETH gas and BTC price, and felt notifications were kind of “random”, since I just subscribed and didn’t get to set any kind of criteria.
  • I’m guessing it’ll have to live on some sort of L2, with gas being what it is…?

Overall I think the potential notifications you mention make sense and would be great additions.

1 Like

Thanks for your questions @TragedyStruck

1. We are currently finishing deployment activities on our STAGING environment of the initial set of notifications to alert users about loan liquidations.
    This video shows a little more in detail how it works, and how we used a pre-defined scenario to trigger a loan liquidation alert.

2. While EPNS is currently in Ropsten it doesnt mean we cannot send notifications to “mainnet addresses”. We are delivering notifications about mainnet (real) events right now. And we are getting everything ready to launch to mainnet very soon.
    As per the channels available, we have been adding more! You might want to take a look at this article about our most recent channels that we published.
    We even created the Aave (Polygon) channel listening to events happening in Polygon and delivering notifications from them.

3. While we are focusing on Ethereum to start, we are doing our homework in regards to L2s and other blockchains to be ready soon.

let me know if you have any more questions!