As part of the ongoing efforts to decentralize the operations of B.Protocol, and as it becomes the standard in many DeFi projects, we propose to form Squads that will gradually take full responsibility over the project. The first Squad we propose to form is the Growth/Marketing Squad.
I will detail below the scope of this Squad as I see it and invite the community to discuss and suggest more ideas regarding every part of this proposal before we bring it up for a vote.
Full disclosure is in place - since the launch of B.Protocol, and during a few months earlier to it, the writer of this post is heading the ecosystem development of B.Protoocl which includes among other things also the marketing and growth of the project.
The Growth Squad will be in charge of growing 2 main KPIs of the project -
- Growing the number of users of B.Protocol (V1 at this stage).
- Growing the number of $BPRO holders and governance participation.
Here is an initial, high-level proposal of how each of these KPIs can be achieved. The Squad members would need to propose a more detailed roadmap and objectives-based plan to achieve it.
- Run social media campaigns which are focused on current users of MakerDAO and Compound.
- Use the existing communication channels of each platform with its users (Discord, Forum, Blogs, etc).
- Working with DeFi influencers to “vouch” for B.Protocol as a legit and beneficial project.
- Building connections with other DeFi communities via AMAs, joint campaigns, etc to present B.Protocol to their users.
- Promoting B.Protocol on relevant YouTube and other social media channels.
- Creating the right incentives for token holders.
- Growing the interest in B.Protocol governance via relevant proposals.
I propose that current involved DAO members, as well as new community members, who would like to join the Growth Squad should introduce themselves to the community in this forum thread, including their relevant resume, interest in the project, as well as any other ideas they might have to grow B.Protocol.
The Growth Squad should be formed with 3-5 community members and will be granted an initial fund, taken from the DAO’s Reservoir, to fulfill it’s plans.
Timelines to present the Growth Squad detailed roadmap and quantified KPIs should be part of the final proposal that will go up for the community vote that will approve the Squad’s funds, and I suggest an initial plan should be presented within no more than 2 weeks and that the initial fund should be small to test case the Squad operations.
It is proposed that during the first phase, the members of the Squad will NOT be granted any payments or other incentives to participate in the squad, to prevent free riders etc.
I suggest an Ambassador Program should be introduced in separation from the Growth Squad, giving certain rights to members who are deeply involved with B.Protocol and who are committed to promoting it in their unique DeFi communities. Ambassadors could be chosen according to their language, location, members of other relevant DeFi projects, etc.
This should be presented in a separate post.
The community should consider rewarding relevant DeFi and Crypto influencers who are committed to B.Protocol for the long run, and that will guide the Growth Squad and other Squads that will follow on best practices, introduction to other projects and the likes.
The scope of such a Committee and its formation should be presented and discussed in a separate post as well.
Comments and suggestions on the concept of Squads in general, as well as for this specific proposal for the Growth Squad are more than welcome.