RabbitHole Quest for B.Protocol

Hey all,

I propose the community to check for an option to have a RabbitHole B.Protocol Quest.

RabbitHole quests are a way to educate new DeFi users about different dapps by letting them fill up certain tasks to get engaged with the protocola/platforms. The RabbitHole platform creates the relevant educational materials to assist the Quest participants to go through it successfully.

Quest participants get rewards for successful tasks completion, usually in the form of the project’s token.

It seems they have some success stories from other projects (like Pool Together), and I read Instadpp is checking to run a Quest as well (found about them over the Instadapp forum).

If the community thinks this is an interesting option we can start discussing what tasks would be best for such a Quest, and try bringing one of the RabbitHole team members to one of our next community calls.

Quest request form - Campaign Request on RabbitHole

4 Likes

I’ll initially just do a quick reply to say I am all in favor of this! I think the RabbitHole.gg experience is great, and their use of BrightID solves the sybil problem that previous onboarding suggestions may have had. I also think hearing from RabbitHole on the call would be great, although it is quite short notice now.

When time allows it I’ll look some more into this.

1 Like

Hey all! My name is Ben and I am the Ops Lead for RabbitHole. Just wanted to drop by, introduce myself, and say feel free to ask any questions you may have about RabbitHole!

2 Likes

Thanks for stopping by! I’ll try some questions both for RabbitHole and the community. To clarify terminology, my understanding is that a project can have a Quest, and a Quest can consist of multiple Tasks.

RabbitHole

• My understanding is that a project typically starts a quest on RabbitHole.gg, and they are the “promoted quest” (front page) while the campaign is active and tracks rewards left. Correct?
  • After the initial campaign period, the quest will live on, but under “Projects”. Correct?
  • What development effort is required to get a RabbitHole quest going? Is this only RabbitHole, or RabbitHole, B.Protocol and potentially bounties?
  • What kind of allocation is required/beneficial to allocate for a quest? There is also a RabbitHole.gg “expense” part of such a quest?
  • Thinking about the B.Protocol case, we have different versions (v1 and v2), and for v1 I think there is some focus on getting existing Compound/Maker users to migrate, yet I’m unsure if you have any experience with quests with prior requisites…? I’d intuitively assume it is most ideal for quests to have no prerequisites.
  • I think from other protocols there is also the potential of doing multiple quests over time, to focus one particular quests task on a specific version or action?

Community

• Should such a quest focus on v1 or v2?
  • What are suitable tasks?

Task ideas

• v1 task to onboard/migrate existing Compound/Maker positions
  • v1 task to onboard new Compound/Maker positions (should probably require some minimum deposit amount)
  • v1 task to supply/lend tokens
  • v1 task to borrow tokens
  • v2 task to deposit to Liquity

/end rant, hope there was something worthwhile :slight_smile:
Going to poke @benschecter here to notify.

All really great questions @TragedyStruck! Will answer 1 by 1:

• My understanding is that a project typically starts a quest on RabbitHole.gg, and they are the “promoted quest” (front page) while the campaign is active and tracks rewards left. Correct? This is correct! Quests remain up on our page until time runs out or the rewards have all been distributed.
  • After the initial campaign period, the quest will live on, but under “Projects”. Correct? This is correct. Users can still find the details of the Quest under projects.
  • What development effort is required to get a RabbitHole quest going? Is this only RabbitHole, or RabbitHole, B.Protocol and potentially bounties? We require very little lift from the community. We would need agreement on what actions to incentivize and a working subgraph. If you do not have a subgraph, we have resources that can help with that for an additional charge.
  • What kind of allocation is required/beneficial to allocate for a quest? There is also a RabbitHole.gg “expense” part of such a quest? We suggest a rewards budget of ~$100k. RabbitHole takes 20% of whatever the total Quest budget is and holds it in our treasury to be used as an active governance delegate. So if your total budget is $100k, $80k will be used to reward users and $20k for RabbitHole.
  • Thinking about the B.Protocol case, we have different versions (v1 and v2), and for v1 I think there is some focus on getting existing Compound/Maker users to migrate, yet I’m unsure if you have any experience with quests with prior requisites…? I’d intuitively assume it is most ideal for quests to have no prerequisites. Very happy you bring this up! We actually do have prerequisites for Quests called “Skills”. For example, our lending skill requires that someone has used Compound before. What we could do, if you are interested, is limit the Quest to being completed by people with the lending skill.
  • I think from other protocols there is also the potential of doing multiple quests over time, to focus one particular quests task on a specific version or action? This is a good way of thinking about it. Focus on one objective that is important now. Then, as needs evolve, we can run another Quest.

Let me know if any clarity is needed!

1 Like

I’ll just think out loud here and perhaps someone else can chime in. Your ballpark $100k would be around 17,5k BPRO, with 3,5k BPRO going to RabbitHole for treasury/governance. 14,0k BPRO left for the reward distribution.

I’m kind of thinking that for a B.Protocol v1 quest with tasks, it’d probably be natural to NOT differentiate between coming from Maker or Compound. I’m guessing this just has to be pollable through the subgraph somehow?

It seems like a easy to go for quest-line for B.Protocol v1 would be:

1. Migrate your Maker OR Compound position (minimum $X?)
  2. Supply/lend funds.
  3. Borrow funds.

For B.Protocol v2 I’m not sure if there’s an go-to quest line. Obviously you could just do:

1. Deposit funds (minimum $X?).

But from there it is pretty smooth sailing without further interaction. Any community suggestions? I think there’d have to be more for v2 to be a good candidate.

Comparing to previous user incentive

The last “bundled” proposal had a user incentivizing part, suggesting 50 BPRO to each user, up to 300 users, meaning 15,0k BPRO total. This was from my understanding shot down mostly due to the lack of sybil resistance. RabbitHole solves this.

If you were to use similar metrics here, with my initial ballpark of 14,0k BPRO for rewards, you’d end up with 280 users getting 50 BPRO each.

I think if we do go for a RabbitHole quest I’d want the user cap to be higher, perhaps somewhere between 500 and 1000. I’ve seen some quests eaten though on RabbitHole, but of course, the more prerequisites there are, the less eligible users there are. Do you have any input on this @benschecter? I see you run quests with thousands, but I’m not sure that’s applicable, as well as the reward kind of having to match the effort (gas). Do you have numbers on how many have completed the Lending skill? It seems reasonable, except the Yearn part being slightly of-topic.

Other stuff…

• I haven’t done the latest and greatest quests, but the NFTs I’ve seen is a great touch. Is this “included” somehow?
  • Perhaps someone from the community knows what needs to be done on the subgraph front? I think a subgraph exists, but I’m not sure it is “approved” or functional towards this goal.

/ramble